Sunday, May 8, 2011

Running don't hurt

So I was let down. Completely and utterly. Some that let me down did so out of ignorance, some were motivated by profit. Some, I just don't know what they were thinking. All I know for sure is that I went to the "experts" and basically got screwed.
There I was, in my forties working to get in shape and healthy after a bunch of years spent earning a living. I was fat, sedentary and feeling it. Like many I decided to change it before I was too old to do anything about and set about fixing it. I had some basic dieting knowledge, filled the fridge with real food, bought a bicycle,, joined the gym, etc, on my way. No big surprise, it was working. I was getting in better and better condition and wanted to incorporate some running. I had never been a runner before and had not developed much endurance yet. I did what one would do. I went to my local running store, got fitted for a pair of shoes and so began my journey from one royal screwing to the next. An odyssey entered my life that took me from one failed experiment to another, cost a bunch of cash and dragged me through a butt-load of pain.
Finally figured it out. Just ignorant enough to keep trying and stubborn enough to not accept the status quo.